Friday 24 October 2014

FFPMEG with the Raspberry Pi

FFMPEG is great utility for essentially messing around with video, images and sound files. I will state from the start that I am no professional with this but I am just getting to grips with some bits. However using the Raspberry Pi I have already achieved:

1. Converting multiple images into a slide show
2. Combined Espeak .wav file with said slide show

Now doing so paves the way for some possible tutorial videos on the fly. Imagine if you had a step by step instruction guide and the necessary photos to back each step up? Hmmm. You could go down the route of manually doing a voice over, including the text slapping it all together. I might take you several hours to do so but I am currently working on seeing if I can get a reasonable quality instruction video with voice over and text which is purley driven from a CSV file? Not only that but a script that will fire off so you upload a file and off you go.

Ok this might sound boring to you but it is fun for me to do as it allows me to code without the hassle of passing it via a QA manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment